If you are a tea-enthusiast then you must know the difference that a good kettle can make to your cup of tea. With so many brands and varieties available in the market, it can be hard to just settle on one and deem it perfect across all scales. Many people who want to have their caffeine fix using an electric kettle now know that plastic is detrimental to their health, which is why they are in search of the best glass electric kettle with no plastic. Plastic is known to cause cancer as well as other health issues if it is consumed. Going plastic free and bpa free means that the hot water in your tea will be healthier for you to drink.
Those who wish to go down a healthier route and are on the lookout for the best glass electric kettle with no plastic can sometimes become overwhelmed with the choices present in the market. There are so many features, designs, and prices to choose from. Deciding between various types of heating elements and whether you need features like boil dry protection, borosilicate glass, or shut off and boil can turn this seemingly simple purchase into a more difficult decision. Many people have shown their liking towards Zeppoli Electric Kettle and Cosori Glass Kettle among other choices.
How to choose the best glass electric kettle with no plastic?
You cannot expect to walk inside any store and buy the first glass kettle you land your eyes on. There are many pointers to keep in mind when heading out to buy an electric kettle:
- Ease of use: Electric glass kettles that are easy to use should be on the top of your list. They are easy to operate which means that you can get a steaming hot cup of tea fairly quickly in the mornings when you have to rush off to work. Here you can read more about the convenience of an electric kettle vs. a stovetop kettle
- Long-lasting: Buying electric glass kettles that are not sturdy is like throwing your hard-earned money down the drain. They won’t last long and won’t fulfill the purpose of buying the kettle in the first place.
- Aesthetics: Many glass electric kettles are placed on the countertops so it is crucial that the designs of these kettles are appealing to the eyes and go well with your kitchen decor, coffee maker, or other appliances on your counter.
- Size: The size of the kettle is also necessary to consider when you are buying an electric kettle. If you are buying it for your whole family then you should pay extra attention to the water-holding capacity and water level of the kettle.
- Safety: Many electric kettles come with an auto shut-off feature. This comes in quite handy and is a notable feature to regard when buying an electric kettle. Temperature control, preset temperatures that are appropriate for different teas, and a stay cool handle are all important features to consider
Getting your perfect cup of tea in hand should be as simple as consuming it. For this purpose, you need the best glass electric kettle with no plastic to provide you with your caffeine fix and that too, in the healthy and simplest way. Here are some glass electric kettles that you can consider when deciding on which kettle to buy:
- The glass electric kettle heats up fairly quickly.
- It is made of sturdy glass that does not scratch or scuff easily.
- It has an auto shut-off as well as a boil-dry feature that enables you to leave the kettle to do its work while you focus on other things.
- The stainless steel top can get hot really quickly so you have the option to replace it with a plastic one that comes with the packaging.
- The auto shut-off feature may malfunction at times.
- This kettle is very easy to clean. It has an anti-scale mesh filter aroun the lip of the kettle that is removable.
- It boils the water quickly.
- This product comes with a convenient cord wrap below the base keeping the power cord neatly tucked away.
- This kettle might be too small for some people (only 1lt capacity)
- Not for leftys: the fill lines are drawn on one-side only, so you have to pick the kettle up with your right hand to see the lines.
- This electric glass kettle can boil cold water fairly quickly.
- It is very easy to clean.
- Some models come with a Bluetooth feature that allows you to schedule future brews and notify you when the water has reached your desired temperature.
- The temperature setting is not that accurate and is inconsistent.
- The lid is not removable and does not open fully.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which kettles are best to boil water in health-wise?
Kettles that are made of glass and stainless steel are best when it comes to boiling water. You should make sure that you avoid the kettles that have plastic parts that might come in contact with the water. Other than this, you should also stay away from kettles made of aluminum and copper.
Why are glass kettles better than others?
Glass kettles have many advantages. They are rust-free and you can see everything through them to get a clear idea of what’s going on inside.
Are glass electric kettles susceptible to getting limescale?
All the kettles, even if they are electric and glass, are susceptible to getting limescale. The amount of limescale build-up depends upon the type of water that is being used to fill the kettle. The limescale is more prominent in glass kettles because the kettles are transparent.
Glass electric kettles can become an everyday-use appliance and a nice alternative to a coffee maker for caffeine-addicted people. It is very handy and gives off a sophisticated look when placed on the countertop. It is safe to say that there are many options to choose from if you are looking for the best glass electric kettle with no plastic. Some kettles have a wide base, some have a plastic/rubber handle while others have a detachable lid to make it easier to fill. There are many brands out there that specifically make glass electric kettles. You just have to find the ones worth investing in.