Air fryers have become more and more popular over the past several years. This increase in popularity can be partially attributed to the convenience of cooking in an air fryer, as well as the advertised health benefits. So, what is an air fryer? Air fryers are very similar to convection ovens. Only these appliances have the convenience of being able to be used on a countertop and can be easily moved. It works by heating up the area via a heating element and then uses air to force the heat to circulate around your food, creating a crispy finish. The next relevant question is: do air fryers use oil?
One of the selling points of an air fryer is that it fries your food with air and not oil. However, this claim is only partially true. While you can cook in your air fryer with no oil, a number of recipes will call for just 1 tablespoon of oil to achieve a ‘deep fried’ texture and taste. So, while yes, you are technically still using oil, you are using MUCH less than you would by cooking in your deep fryer.
Recommended Air Fryers (or useful air frying accessories)
Air fryers a popular for cooking a lot of different meals. A very common meal to prepare with an air fryer, is fries. Air fryers make cooking traditionally deep-fried foods fast and easy making them a great appliance for families and individuals alike. You can take a look at this article for more ideas on what to cook with an air fryer.
With the rise of the air fryer. sometimes it feels like regardless of whether you are scrolling Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or TikTok, you are going to see something new about this appliance. It may be a recipe, a cool accessory, or even a cooking hack. But regardless of where people are seeing the wonder that is an air fryer, the demand has caused an increase in the number of accessories available for use.
Keep reading for a brief look into an air fryer along with three of its possible accessories that are sure to make cooking a breeze.
An air fryer is essentially a countertop convection oven that was made to make your food taste like it is deep fried, without the extra oil. This not only saves you money on oil, but it is also better for your health.
- Uses less oil to cook food
- Versatile. Air fryers can be used to cook toasted sandwiches, vegetables, fried chicken etc.
- Capacity of 3.2 Quarts/3 Liters
- Has an inbuilt cooking timer
- Has automatic shut off
- Can fry, grill or bake with just one device
- Takes up more space in the cupboard
- Can be expensive to purchase
If you are constantly finding yourself getting burned while getting food in and out of your air fryer, this is the product for you.
- Allows easy removal of air fryer pan without burning your hands
- Allows you to hold the pan still while stirring/turning your contents
- You don’t need to worry if your gripper goes missing as this product comes as a set of 2
- Uses food grade steel
- Still a risk of steam burn if you place your hand directly over the air fryer
- Requires extra storage space
- Added cost to the air fryer
Hate cleaning? Me too! These handy liners prevent grease and other food properties from clogging up the air fryer. This results in much less cleaning and more time cooking!
- Bowl shape design will fit most air fryers (There are multiple sizes to choose from)
- Makes cleaning a breeze, just take out the liner and throw away
- Can cook 100 meals from 1 single pack
- Can withstand heat of up to 482f/250c
- Single use item is not environmentally friendly
- Adds additional cost to your air fryer usage
Do you find yourself frequently googling cooking times? This magnet is the perfect solution. Stick it to your fridge or the side of your air fryer as a handy cooking cheat sheet.
- Provides an easy-to-read list of cooking time, temperature and food size
- Never lose your cheat sheet with it conveniently placed on your fridge
- Waterproof and oil proof to prevent damage when using your air fryer
- Features over 100 food types
- Comes with 1 x large magnet for your fridge and 1 x small magnet that will fit onto your air fryer
- Does not include pre-heat times
- Cooking time can vary from air fryer to air fryer and may be inaccurate for your machine
Frequently Asked Questions (+ do air fryers use oil?)
Is air frying a healthier choice than deep frying?
Yes. Air frying is considered a healthy alternative to fried food. While it still gives the flavor and texture of deep frying, it uses much less oil.
Will I need to buy accessories or can I just the air fryer?
You can use just an air fryer for your cooking needs. However, there are a number of additional accessories that make cooking much easier of you would like to purchase them.
How do you clean an air fryer?
Mostly with your dishwasher! The majority of the removeable parts such as the draw and basket are dishwasher safe. The body of the air fryer needs to be wiped down with a damp cloth every few uses. – Make sure you check your manual before placing any part of your air fryer in the dishwasher.
What can I cook in my air fryer?
Air fryers can cook many, many different dishes. Not only can you cook your usual deep-fried goodies, but you can also use this machine for your baking! Food like apple pies, baked potatoes, burgers and even cake can all be cook in this amazing appliance.
Air fryers are a low-cost way of improving the nutritional quality of your food. Not only do they generally cook food faster than the oven or traditional deep fryers, but they also help you to decrease your intake of oils. This in turn makes your food much healthier and can provide you with several health benefits.