Air fryers have become the new trend to achieve a healthy lifestyle. It works by eliminating the need for unnecessary fats and grease from your everyday food by using hot air to cook your food. Air fryers have garnered a lot of attention from people because of this. Still, some people have some reservations regarding this relatively-new kitchen gadget. If you are among those who want to know more about air fryers and wish to know which air fryer is best for you, especially if you wonder what is the best air fryer for a 2-person household, then this article will help you in answering all your air fryer-related questions.
What are air fryers best for?
Air fryers are best used for foods that can be fried. This is because the hot air from all sides in an air fryer gives the food an even brown color and a crispy finish. Air fryers may not be the most convenient option for a large family because of their limited capacity. However, for a 2-person household, air fryers can be ideal. There are many air fryers available online and in-store that are perfect for a small family such as YOMA small air fryer and iRUNTEK mini small air fryer.
How are air fryers healthier than ovens or deep fryers?
If you fantasize about eating juicy drumsticks and crispy fries without gaining any calories, then your fantasy might just come true with an air fryer. Despite what their name entails, air fryers do not necessarily fry food. They work like convection ovens with hot air circulating from all sides. However, contrary to the convection ovens, an air fryer heats up much more rapidly and disperses hot air at a high temperature which results in crispy food and even cooking without the use of oil or grease.
Indeed, air-fried foods might not give exactly the same taste and texture as that food that is fried in a deep fryer. But, it gives the same crunch and crisp and that too, with almost little to no oil. So, you can enjoy your favorite food items without any guilt of consuming extra calories. Here you can read more about the health benefits that an air fryer can bring to you.
How to choose the right air fryer for your family?
Choosing an air fryer that is perfect for your family is not an easy feat. There are so many models with different technologies available in the market that they can make coming to a decision really difficult. To help you get out of the rut and find the right air fryer that is compatible with your family, here are some pointers that you should look out for when heading out to buy an air fryer:
- Identify what type of air fryer you need. There are many air fryers ranging from toaster ovens air fryers to instant pot air fryers. So, if you have a considerable amount of space available, then you may consider buying a toaster oven air fryer r an instant pot. However, if you only have limited space available and only would like to use an air fryer for simple purposes then you can go towards buying a classic air fryer.
- Assess the size of your family and then determine which size of air fryer would be suitable for your family. For a family of 2 or 4 persons, a 4 to 5 quarts air fryer is the ideal choice.
- Check to see if the air fryer is easy to clean and also determine the counter space that it will take up.
Recommended Air Fryers
If you are on the lookout for air fryers for 2 persons, then here are some recommendations that you can check to see if any of them meet your requirements:
- It is easy to clean as the basket can separate from the base very easily.
- This air fryer has two dials for time and temperature which makes it very simple to operate.
- It is also dishwasher safe.
- The print might be too tiny to read on the dials.
- It has an integrated air filtration system to keep your kitchen smelling clean.
- This air fryer is easy to clean and it is also dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a cool-touch handle to prevent you from burning your hand when taking your food out of the air fryer.
- It may require a little extra force to turn the dial and it can be challenging if you want to turn the dial backward.
- The dial temperature markings may wipe off after some use if you use a wet cloth to wipe the air fryer.
- It has a compact design to save you more counter space.
- This air fryer comes with a detachable basket which makes it very easy to clean. It is also dishwasher safe.
- It also comes with air fryer liners so that your food does not get stuck to the bottom.
- There is no temperature dial which can confuse many people.
- The instructions manual could be more clear.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the right size of air fryer to get for my family?
Before you head out to buy an air fryer for your family, make a mental note of how many servings you are willing to prepare every day. This will help you determine the right size of air fryer for your family. If you are planning on serving two complete meals, then a 2 to 4-quart air fryer can do the job for you. However, if you want to serve more, then a 6 quart will suffice.
Can I fit a whole chicken in a 3-quart air fryer?
Yes, you can cook a whole chicken in your 3-quart air fryer if your chicken is around 3 or 4 lbs.
Air Fryers can make your life seem less complicated where you can get healthy meals cooked with just a touch of a button and without any trace of oil so that you can consume the food you love without having any second thoughts. If you have a small family of 2 persons, then there are many options to choose from. It all depends on what you deem best for yourself and your family.