Travelling is one of life’s great joys and it can be made even better, and more convenient, by taking a small electric kettle with you. When you’re travelling, it can be hard to come by a good coffee or a place to make your breakfast, but with a travel kettle, it doesn’t matter where you go, you will have access to the equipment you need! There are many different sizes to consider when purchasing a water kettle that is suitable for a road trip, a camping trip, or even a stay in a motel! This leaves us asking, what electric kettle is the smallest for travelling?
There are multiple options to choose from, such as boil dry protection, whether you need dual voltage, the type of power cord and lid lock, etc. Which one is the best really depends on your specific circumstances. Whether you are looking for the smallest kettle to take on a hike or something large enough to make a hot drink for the family, we have some great recommendations for you.
Travel kettles come in all shapes, sizes, and offer a number of different features. From keep warm features to collapsible construction there is a kettle to suit every situation.
For a compact kettle that doesn’t take too much room when flying across the county, try a collapsible model. If you are a truck driver looking for a way to keep your coffee warm, check out the 12V kettles listed below. It can be a very convenient option if you need a portable electric kettle that plugs right into the cigarette lighter in your car.
This is a great option for people who are constantly on the go and spend a lot of time in their car. Not only can this kettle boil water, it is easy to clean and it can also be set to keep your drink hot while you drive!
- 12V power that plugs straight into your car
- Boils water from cold
- Auto shut-off once boiled to prevent boiling dry
- Keeps your drink hot for as long as you have it plugged in
- Digital display so you know exactly how hot your drink is
- Made with stainless steel
- Easy to clean
- Vacuum seal lid prevents leaks so you don’t have to worry if the cup falls over
- 2-month unreasonable return policy (in case the model does not suit your car)
- 4-year manufacturer warranty
- Very small capacity of 11.7 fl oz
- Takes 16 minutes to bring to the boil
The Qiilu car kettle is a more practical option if you have multiple people travelling as a group. Unlike the previously listed car kettle and warmer, this kettle heats enough water for 4+ people!
- Has a large 40fl oz capacity – That’s enough for 4+ people to have a drink!
- Uses 12V power that plugs directly into your car
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Offers a 1-year manufacturing warranty
- Double insulated design that keeps your water hot for longer
- Takes up to 20 minutes to boil
- Does not have an electronic keep warm feature
- Does not come with a digital display that shows the temperature of your water
If you have access to 110V while travelling, a more powerful kettle might be preferred. These AC powered kettles take a lot less time to boil and come with a few extra features.
- Comes with 4 temperature presets to get the perfect temperature every time
- Has a double wall construction to prevent the outside of the kettle from getting too hot and to keep the water hot
- Boils 13oz in 5minutes
- Has a boil-dry safety feature that causes the water kettle to automatically shut off after boiling
- Comes with a digital display so you know exactly how hot your water is
- Uses 110V power so it cannot be plugged straight into your cars power socket
- Small capacity of 13oz
Perfect for packing when space comes at a premium! This kettle not only boils 2 cups of coffee, it also folds down to be less than 4inches tall and weighs only 1.4lb.
- Collapses to be only 4inches high and 5.5 inches wide
- Light indicates when kettle is in use
- Medium size capacity of 27fl oz
- Boils water in just 5 minutes
- Needs to be plugged into 110V power
- Does not have a keep warm feature
- Does not have a digital temperature display
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a travel kettle?
A travel kettle is a kettle that is designed to be used while you are travelling. Usually this means that the kettle has a smaller capacity, is lightweight and takes up a small amount of space. They also come with the option of 110V power or 12V power to suit your travelling needs
Can you get a 12V kettle?
Yes! The first two kettle listed in this article are 12V kettles and can be plugged straight into your car. Keep in mind that if you choose to purchase a 12V kettle, your water will take longer to boil than if you plugged a 110V kettle into your wall socket.
What is the smallest travel kettle you can get?
The smallest capacity kettles are usually around 12fl oz. If you want a travel foldable electric kettle than you might be able to get that size down a little bit more. However, the exact size varies depending on the model you purchase.
Physically the smallest kettle is one that collapses. These collapsible kettles fold down to be around 4×5.5inches.
Electric travel kettles come in two distinct power types, 12V and 110V. Both are great options, but one will usually be better suited to your needs than the other.
If you travel in your car for long hours and want something on the go, a 12V kettle is a great option. If you are going camping and have access to a powered camp site, a 110V kettle may be a suitable option that will provide faster boiling! In general, stainless steel or food grade silicon is better than plastic water kettles. Regardless of your travel requirements, we are sure that you will be able to find a kettle to suit your needs.