You should buy an air fryer because they are valuable machines that make life in the kitchen a breeze. They cook a variety of different meals quickly and efficiently and also improve the health of your meals.
By using an air fryer, your meals become healthier because you can use much less oil than if you pan fry or deep fry your food. This decrease in oil minimized the amount of fat in your diet. This minimized fat intake will not only improve the health of your meal, it can also help you shed those extra pounds.
Air fryers come with a variety of optional functions that can help you decrease the number of appliances in your kitchen helping free up your cupboard and counter space. In turn, your kitchen becomes a more relaxing place and cooking becomes less of a chore and more of a joy.
Recommended Air Fryers and Accessories
Some of the functions available on different air fryers include food dehydration, air broiling, grilling, roasting, and toasting. By selecting a multi-purpose air fryer, you are able to be rid of multiple extra appliances simplifying your cooking process for good.
Keep reading for our top air fryer and accessory picks on Amazon with an easy to read pros and cons list for each.
If you are looking for an air fryer that you can use to roast a whole chicken, this machine is the one for you. Not only can you create delicious fried food with minimal oil, the GoWise Deluxe is big enough for all of your roasting needs.
- Large enough to cook for the entire family!
- Two sizing options of 12.7 quarts or 14.7 quarts
- Rotisserie is included and perfect for roast chicken!
- Comes with a dehydrator. Perfect for the meal prepper
- Three separate cooking racks are included
- Easily fits on the countertop with dimensions of just 11.5 x 12 x 14 inches
- Has with 15 pre-set cooking programs
- Comes standard with 10 accessories including a drip pan, oven rack, rotisserie cage, rotisserie skewer, rotisserie rod, rotisserie steak cage, two mesh trays and a shallow mesh basket.
- Comes with a recipe book of 50 meals
- Your choice of black, black and silver, silver, red, or white
- Weighs 22.7lbs. This is not a machine you will want to move often
- The warranty for this unit only ships to the USA. Canadian buyers should be aware that parts cannot be shipped to them
The Foodi air fryer is great for people cooking more than one meal at a time. The two draw system allows for simultaneous cooking of separate items with different temperatures. The smart technology in this unit will even calculate the correct temperature and cooking time of each draw to make sure they finish at the same time!
- Has a large 8-quart capacity (cooks up to 4lbs of chicken at a time!)
- Two draws controlled independently for cooking multiple meals at a time
- 6-in-1 machine that air fries, air broils, bakes, roasts, dehydrates and re-heats
- Smart technology automatically works out the correct cooking time and temperature to ensure both parts of your meal are finished at the same time!
- Comes with easy-clean baskets and a dishwasher safe crisper plate
- Receive 15 air fryer recipes to get you started
- The 8-quart capacity is separated into two 4lbs draws
- The unit is heavy weighing 17.86lbs
- The unit is large with dimensions of 15.63 x 13.86 x 12.4 inches
- Customer reviews indicate some units start to emit an unpleasant smell after a few uses.
Hot plate grippers are useful to any air fryer user. These grippers will help reduce the risk of burns and make the removal of food from air fryers faster, and easier.
- Helps protect the user from burns when removing food from the air fryer
- Use hot plate grippers hold the air fryer pan in place while turning food
- Comes as a set of two, this means you will always have a spare if your grippers are dirty or lost.
- Does not reduce the risk of getting steam burn
- Another accessory that you need to store
- Adds an additional cost to your air fryer
If you hate cleaning up after cooking as much as I do, air fryer liners are a must. Once you finish cooking, simply take the liner out of the basket and throw it away. No washing necessary.
- Liners are a bowl shape that is designed to fit on most air fryers (there are multiple sizes to choose from so make sure you find the one that fits your air fryer)
- Makes for easy clean-up, just remove it from the bowl and throw-away
- Cook 100 meals from just one packet of liners
- Liners withstand heat up to 428 degrees
- Because they are single-use items, they are not heaps environmentally friendly
- It create an additional cost for when you buy your air fryer
Frequently Asked Questions
Are air fryers worth buying?
Yes. You should buy an air fryer because they offer a quick and easy option to cook many different types of food. They require much less oil than traditional methods of cooking, making your meals healthier for the whole family. They generally cook foods much faster than the oven and are much easier to clean than the oven.
Do I still need to use oil?
Yes, for a large number of recipes some people still recommend up to 2 tablespoons of oil. However, there are many people who have been able to eliminate oil completely when cooking with their air fryer. Read our article Do Air Fryers Use Oil? for more information on oil usage in air fryers.
Do I still need to turn my food when cooking in the air fryer?
This depends on the food you are cooking and the model of air fryer you purchase. Some models of air fryer are designed to eliminate the need to turn your food. However the majority of air fryers will still need the food turned partway through the cooking process.
When you buy an air fryer, you update your kitchen and simplify the cooking process. Rather than having to use multiple appliances to cook just one meal, an air fryer offers a way of using just one machine. They come in all shapes and sizes with a variety of functions available. With such a wide range of products, you are sure to find one that suits your cooking needs.